Wednesday, September 16, 2009

a little angel

i was looking up pictures of punky brewster for the graphic i made in my previous post. while i was searching through pictures, i found a picture of one of the most adorable little girls i'd ever seen. it wasn't soleil moon frye or punky brewster (whatever you want to call her). it was a sweet baby girl named piper. she has a disease called cerebro costo mandibular syndrome. i e-mailed piper's mother, reagan and told her that she was so, so lucky to have such a wonderful little girl in her life, and that i didn't know what ccms was, but i hope they find a cure for it, if they haven't already. she responded to me and said that my e-mail made her feel special, and to not worry about not knowing was ccms is because nobody does. piper reminds me a lot of brooke greenberg (the sixteen-year-old baby). they don't have the same disease (in fact, brooke's disease hasn't been indentified yet), they just look similar to me. i believe it's piper's petiteness. reagan told me that piper grows, but doesn't gain weight. that's probably what made me thing of brooke. anyways, reagan's story of piper is really touching and she has a blog called reagan's blob, hooray! so check it out, to find out more on piper. the link is under my blog list at the right hand side. i truly do think piper is a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment